Frequently asked questions about customized tubing
Which tubing dimensions are available?
We can supply tubing with outer diameters between 0,4 mm and 40 mm and wall thicknesses between 0,1 mm and 4 mm.
What if I only need a small quantity of customized tubing?
Small quantities can be supplied but only at higher cost as a minimum order quantity has to be purchased. Unfortunately it is not possible to indicate exact minimum lengths. In general: the smaller the outer diameter, the bigger the minimum quantity and the smaller the price per metre. Please send us your actual requirement. We will then provide you with the corresponding minimum quantity and price.
Which tubing materials do you offer?
We offer tubing made of fluoroplastics such as PTFE, PTFE-EX, FEP and PFA. Additionally, we supply tubing made of PEEK.
What shall I do if I am not sure if the requested tubing is producible?
Normally we know this and can inform you quickly.
Do you have screw joint systems for every diameter of tubing?
We offer a wide range of screw joints. A screw joint system to your requirements might already exist. If not, custom screw joints can be offered and supplied. Please contact us.
How do close tolerances affect the price of tubing?
In general, close tolerances increase the price for production because expenses for checking the tubing are higher and there can be more waste of tubing which does not fulfil these close tolerances. It can even occur that a production is not possible if the tolerances are too close – in this case we will contact you to find a solution.
What is the lead time for tubing?
The lead time depends on many factors such as dimension, quantity, material, tolerances and running length. The typical lead time for customized tubing is between 3 and 6 weeks.
How do I get a quotation?
Send us your enquiry by fax or e-mail stating all relevant dimensions such as diameter, length, etc. We will do our utmost to get our offer to you as soon as possible. Please do not forget to indicate the required quantity. It is also important to include in your enquiry whether the requested tubing is a onetime or a repeating need.
You haven’t found anything suitable? – No problem
We would be glad to send you a quotation. For quick processing, we need some information:
- Outer diameter in mm (e.g. 16 mm)
- Inner diameter in mm (e.g. 12 mm)
- Which quantity in one length do you need?
- Which total quantity do you need?
- Which material shall be used?
Further information – not obligatory, but often making sense.
- Do you need special tolerances for outer or inner diameter (e.g. Ø 10 mm +/- 0,1 mm; this means tubing can vary between 9,9 mm and 10,1 mm)?
- Shall the tubing be deformable, for example for making flanges?
- Up to which temperature will the tubing be used?
- Which pressure shall the tubing resist?
- Shall the tubing be electroconductive?
- Shall the tubing be transparent?
- Shall the tubing have a special surface quality?
- Do you need certificates? (e.g. test certificates, certificates of compliance or FDA certificates)
- To which pressure or vacuum at which temperatures is the tubing exposed?
- Do you need special packaging?
- Shall the tubing be dyed with a colour?
- Which colour do you request?
- Do you need an exceptionally tight bending radius?
- Does the tubing have to be absolutely gastight?
We shape and bend … according to your needs.
FEP and PFA tubing is most suitable for shaping or bending. A special thermal procedure is applied to shape the tubing to the requested form. Please contact us for a free and non-binding quotation.
We connect and assemble … according to your needs.
We can offer you our “know how” for cutting tubing, assembling fittings (either from our standard range or suitable for your specific system) from single pieces to complete series manufacturing. Please contact us for a free quotation.
BOLA Flexible Tubing
Flexible tubing made of PFA can be manufactured individually according to your specifications. We would be glad to send you a quotation. Please complete the list below and send us a copy by fax to +49 (0)9346-928651. Thank you.
BOLA Spiral Tubing
from -270°C to +260°C
Chemical resistance: +++ universal
Spiral tubing made of PFA is manufactured individually according to your specifications.
from -200 °C to +250°C
Chemical resistance: +++ universal
Made of PTFE. Due to the nearly inexhaustible possibilities of dimensions we only manufacture PTFE-O-Rings to your specifications.