What you should know about porous PTFE
For the production of porous rods, tubes and tiles, PTFE particles are melted together.
The pore size can be determined both by the selection of the PTFE granules and the process parameters.
Due to the non-adhesive surface, filtering devices made of fluoroplastics (PTFE/PFA) are easy to clean and have a long durability.
Microporous PTFE has the same unique properties like “normal” PTFE:
- non-adhesive / dirt-repellent
- hydrophobic / water-repellent
- no release of trace elements in the filtrate (no plasticisers)
- almost universal chemical resistance to acids, bases and solvents
- excellent temperature resistance between -200°C and + 260°C (temporarily even +300°C)